(From the Gryphon Audio Design press release)
The Gryphon Trident II Reference Loudspeaker System
● High-Power, Semi-Active, Constant Phase Technologies ●
Premiered in late prototype form at the Munich 2013 High End Show - the oldest audio exhibition in Europe - the Gryphon Audio Designs Trident II loudspeaker system was met with universal acclaim, typified by the response of Steven R. Rochlin, proprietor of enjoythemusic.com, “These speakers get my award for Most Desired in My Home.”
The official release of the Trident II marks a rare addition to the Gryphon portfolio, an event that is always met with an enthusiastic reception by aficionados of the High End.
Gryphon founder and CEO Flemming E. Rasmussen elaborates, “Gryphon have never felt the need to constantly replace our product line-up to suit the changing seasons. Our observation has been that most “Mark 2” versions are simply trivial bug fixes promoted as major breakthroughs. We prefer to expend the necessary effort and resources to get things right the first time. That is why Gryphon products have an exceptionally long lifespan both in the marketplace and in the home.”
“In the case of the Trident, we identified specific areas in which technological advances made real improvements possible, so it made sense to pass them on to music lovers.”
The Gryphon Trident II incorporates specially developed constant phase technologies to ensure that all drivers are in phase at all frequencies at all times. As Rasmussen proudly declares, “Few loudspeakers can truthfully make this claim and they are all made by Gryphon.”
Compared to its predecessor, Gryphon Trident II is housed in a slimmer, taller, massively braced enclosure with precisely contoured baffle and driver surrounds and baffle covering carefully selected and applied to effectively address baffle reflections and eliminate diffraction phenomena.
Air Motion Transformer Tweeter
The most crucial upgrade in Trident II is perhaps the implementation of an AMT (Air Motion Transformer) high frequency driver with minimal mass for instantaneous response to the audio signal.
Because of its large surface area, the pleated diaphragm structure energises a large air volume with minimal diaphragm motion, for a highly desirable point source sonic presentation. Eliminating fundamental issues of mass, inertia and internal resonance, the Gryphon Trident II high frequency driver promises lightning fast transients, combining flat frequency response beyond 38 kHz with extremely low distortion and a total absence of compression.
Self-Powered Bass System
By implementing a semi-active configuration based on dedicated Gryphon on-board 1,000 Watt bass power amplification in conjunction with heavily modified drivers, handmade crossover components, proprietary Q Control room integration and a non-resonant enclosure, the Gryphon Trident II elegantly sidesteps the electrical and mechanical problems which plague lesser systems.
Active bass also allows the owner to select the ideal amplifier for the upper frequency range without having to worry about deep-bass power demands.
Like every Gryphon product, Gryphon Trident II is designed by Gryphon founder and CEO Flemming E. Rasmussen and manufactured in Denmark.
For more information, contact Gryphon: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: 97.000 euro plus local taxes
Additional information and a list of distributors/dealers can be found at www.gryphon-audio.com
- Three-way loudspeaker with on-board bass amplifier
- Constant Phase crossover for perfect phase at all frequencies at all times
- System response 16 – 40,000 Hz, -3 dB (depending on Q setting and room size)
- Remote control for Q setting, Bass Level, Mute and Low Cut
- Time-aligned front baffle curvature for identical arrival time from all drivers at the listening position
- Ultra-fast Air Motion Transformer tweeter with low-mass pleated metal diaphragm
- Customised, extensively modified Danish bass and midrange drive units
- Special cone surround termination to eliminate edge reflections
- Symmetrical vertical driver array for ideal point source presentation
- Four Gryphon 8" bass drivers for extreme speed and precision with massive air displacement
- Custom designed Gryphon bass amplifiers capable of delivering 500 Watts continuously (8 ohms) per channel
- Integrated Linkwitz-Greiner Q Controller with pre-set and custom Q settings for ideal low frequency integration in any room
- Individually adjusted passive mid/high crossover network
- Triple-magnet bass/midrange driver motor system for maximum force and precise focus
- Sealed enclosures with extensive internal bracing
- Combination of pure wool and synthetic interior damping materials
- Stylish string grille for driver protection
- Virtually unlimited custom finish options
- Designed and built in Denmark
About Gryphon Audio Designs
Since its inception in 1985, Gryphon Audio Designs of Denmark has earned a worldwide reputation for state of the art performance, intuitive ergonomics and stunning aesthetic design. The Gryphon is among the select few High End brands to offer complete system solutions incorporating digital sources, amplification and loudspeakers.