Upper Saddle River, NJ-based Onkyo USA announced two new enthusiast-oriented stereo components: the C-S5VL stereo SACD player ($599) and the A-5VL stereo integrated amplifier ($699). Both products are available now.
Many consumers think of Onkyo primarily as a “home theater” manufacturers, but a company press release quotes Paul Wasek, Onkyo US’s marketing manager, as saying, “while stereo components may not be the market force they once were, these products still represent the core of Onkyo's philosophy.” Expanding on this theme, Wasek added, “excellence in audio engineering has always been the top priority for Onkyo and this commitment to sonic quality is carried across all the company's product families." To this end, Onkyo’s press release states that both the C-S5VL and A-5VL “employ precision-crafted audiophile-grade parts, with exceptional engineering and build-quality to meet the higher sonic aspirations of serious enthusiasts.”
Highlights of the C-S5VL SACD player:
- High-grade Wolfson DACs.
- Onkyo’s proprietary Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) for “smooth, highly dynamic output free of pulse noise.”
- A thermally regulated crystal oscillator and advanced jitter reduction circuitry.
- Analog stereo and coaxial/optical digital outputs.
Highlights of the A-5VL integrated amplifier:
- Latest-generation Onkyo VL digital amplifier technology with 40Wpc output.
- Four line-level analog audio inputs.
- Coaxial and optical digital audio inputs.
- Built-in “premium Burr-Brown D/A converters with VLSC circuitry.
- Built-in MM/MC phonostage with “discrete equalizer circuitry.”
- Compatible with Onkyo RI (Remote Interactive) iPod dock.
For more information, visit: