So here we are, further enhancing the Absolute DAC with:
- Next generation analog stage, with our new symmetrical ultra-low noise power supplies – a unique topology not found in any other DACs.
- Unique 15ohm output impedance at -140 dB SNR or 1Watt.
- Three, zero-noise active bridges – an innovative ultra-high-end design that takes the noise from rectification to zero – another proprietary Ideon Audio technology not available from any other DAC brand.
- New in-house developed dedicated software for the new ESS 9038PRO DAC chip, the E is the first DAC in the world to use this chip. The firmware for the chip was developed by Ideon Audio along with ESS.
- New, better, and bigger specially designed bespoke transformers with extreme cores, running at more than 3 times the necessary current.
- New and upgradable separate DAC engine
- Even larger capacitors base with the very best silk capacitors available
- New modular and upgradable boards design with more layers and 3 times thicker and with 6 times the amount of specially treated copper rails.
- Newly improved feet, to further eliminate vibrations.
- New internal connectors and connections, aerospace approved quality
- New and improved internal clock
- Native support and playback for all DSD and PCM formats/frequency rates
Proprietary Triple Distillation USB input: Noise Elimination
Conceived and designed in-house, the Ideon Audio Triple Distillation USB input for the Absolute Ε DAC comprises a proprietary three-stage noise eradication circuit that eliminates digital noise from the input signal. Figuratively speaking, we have declared war on linear & non-linear distortion and noise!
The new audio USB codec: ESS ES9080APRO
One of the most significant advancements with the Absolute ε is the new audio USB codec chip (ES9080APRO from ESS) used in our USB input module which is the most important proprietary design deployed in our DAC. The Absolute ε is probably the first DAC to deploy this new chip in production today, replacing the C-Media equivalent we were using until now. It’s the most current, state-of-the-art technology, with new codes reflecting today’s standards in comparison with similar chips/technologies used by most manufacturers that are ten years old. In close cooperation with ESS, a custom firmware has been developed specially for the Absolute ε, supporting our needs and design principles. The result is amazing, with practically zero jitter, extremely low noise, super-fast processing and extraordinary, natural sound quality.
Furthermore, in partnership with Thesycon, a company specializing in this field, a customized USB Audio 2.0 class driver has been developed for Windows. This audio class driver is optimized for low latency and low CPU load. Buffer depths can be adjusted by the user to optimize settings for a given computer. The driver implements a transparent (bit-perfect) playback.
The Quad Analog Output Principle
The in-house deigned, Absolute DAC’s balanced output has four analogue output channels, no capacitors in the signal path and dedicated power supplies.
The Ideon Audio Absolute Suite
The Absolute ε DAC is part of the Absolute Suite, Ideon’s full stack for no-compromise digital playback. It might be the best digital front-end in the world.
Ideon Audio’s Absolute Suite is the digital counterpart of a state-of-the-art analogue front end. The Suite processes digital music files to produce musical magic. This process involves signal extraction (Streamer), tracking correction (re-clocking, re-driving), and phono equalization (digital to analog).
When played through the Absolute Suite, much of your music will sound different — to varying degrees —including recordings you feel you know intimately.
All elements of the recorded event will come together, forming a coherent whole. You will identify instruments and sounds which previously were insignificant or relegated to background shadows of the soundstage, and thereby notice details that were unclear or unidentified. The sound reveals the true story the musicians created.